Aubin’s Birthday!

It’s been three months since this beautiful baby girl entered the world.

Three months since our lives got a little more pink.

And ruffly.

And crazy.

Three months since I’ve been wanting, needing to write this down. So I don’t forget.

But as I started writing, I realized, I don’t really care when I lost my mucus plug. Or all the little details of the days leading up to this one. So here are some highlights:

January 18. My due date.

Sunday, January 15. I skipped church. Marcus went to work. But since I was so close to the end, my parents came over for the afternoon to hang out and help with E until my MIL could get here that evening.  When she arrived, I had been having enough contractions that I had already asked my mom to stay. Something told me that this was it. I wouldn’t have to wait much longer. But I needed her help to make it through the night.

I said good night to Marcus around 10 or 10:30 fully expecting to make it until he got off at 8 a.m. but wound up calling him home by 11:15 p.m. He finally arrived around 12:30 a.m.

Monday, January 16. Around 1 or 1:30 a.m. mom and Marcus got me into the Tahoe and we headed to the hospital. When we arrived, my contractions were irregular so the nurse started Pitocin without giving me anything for the pain. Which really, really hurt. I was kinda peeved actually.

I don’t know when, but after shouting a few expletives, my husband went and asked for her to get me some drugs. So she did. And it knocked me out. I was in and out of consciousness for a while. I could barely talk. And it still hurt. Like crazy. This was nothing like my last experience.

I saw my doc around 7 a.m. who informed me that I would be getting the epidural and then he’d come back to break my water. He also said that when he did that, it would go very, very quickly. So I called my friend, Jenny, and told her if she wanted to take pictures of this birth, she better get here quickly. And she did. She wasn’t there long before things really started rockin’ and rollin’.

After the epidural was placed (after being poked about 5 or 6 times because she couldn’t get it into place properly and it still only numbed half my body) I started pushing. I think I really pushed hard a good 4 or 5 times. Then at 8:11 a.m., this happened…

And our lives were again, forever changed.

Jenny took a bunch more pictures and put them together in a slide show. I’ve included it here. It’s beautiful. You should watch it. Really. Go ahead. You know you want to.

password: birthday

By the way, it’s a good thing Jenny came, because things progressed so quickly, we didn’t have time to go get the camera, which we left in the car.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s