These are in no particular order, but here you go.
10. No matter how many times I cry and squish my face all up into an ugly, gross, wet mess, he still holds my hands and gives me his shoulder. Even when I’m being totally irrational.
9. He’s a huge help around the house and when I tell him I feel bad for not doing more, he reminds me that I’m doing something he can never do and my job is to take care of the baby and not worry about chores.
8. He cooks me breakfast. Even at night. After he’s been at work all day and I’ve been sitting on the couch in mother hen mode incubating this watermelon inside me.
7. He gets me.
6. He makes me laugh. Often.
5. He loves our animals. Not only does he change the cat litter, but when I noticed fleas crawling on poor Romeo’s face last night I instantly sprang into “he must have a bath NOW mode” and started a bath for him, (of course, “instantly sprang” was more like pushed myself out of the chair slowly and hobbled into the bathroom, but you get the gist) and Marcus immediately swooped in and took over. He probably washed a billion fleas off of him while crouched over the bathtub for like 30 minutes, and I know we still didn’t get them all. Romeo now has an appointment for a flea dip and haircut tomorrow.
4. He works long days at a sometimes thankless job and he’s very good at it. Plus, he never complains about me NOT working, even though a portion of his paycheck goes to pay MY student loan once a month.
3. He takes care of me. Good care of me. Like going to the grocery store or doing the laundry or cleaning my car or drawing me a bath or rubbing Biofreeze on my rear because my pregnancy-induced sciatica pain is unbearable and makes it difficult to fall asleep. (yeah, probably TMI, but I don’t really care…if that’s not true love I don’t know what is!)
2. He has been to EVERY single OB appointment, save 2, since we started this whole pregnancy shindig 38 weeks ago and he’s rushed me to the hospital at least 4 times and spent the night with me (on the most uncomfortable “couch/bed”) during the scariest moments of my pregnancy when my gallbladder started acting up. The 5th time, he had one of the ambulances rescue me and met me at the hospital since he was out of town. He then sat by my bedside and loved me just by being there.
1. His beautiful green eyes still transfix me and melt my heart. There’s nothing more powerful than when he looks at me and tells me he loves me. I totally believe him. Because he proves it every single day.
And that is just a few reasons why, I am so blessed to be married to the man of my dreams. Thank you God for fulfilling your promise to give me the desires of my heart.